Sunday, April 15, 2007

An entire day to myself...

One of the things I love to do is have an entire day all to myself. A day of rest and relaxation, a day to recharge my batteries and forget about everyone else; a day when I let go of the world of responsibilities and enjoy the whole day to myself. After all, cultivating a relationship with myself is supposed to be one of the most important things -right? So here's how I do it...

I sleep really well the night before because I know I don't have to catch the company cab early next morning and also I have nothing important/planned to do the next day. It's going to be a day of pure indulgence and if that means sleeping in or generally surfing the web or chatting/orkutting all day then so be it. There really is something magical about having a large expanse of time with nothing planned – not even one small task/obligation. I can still spend it cleaning or working or doing whatever I usually do, but just doing it because I want to feels so different.Any 'shoulds' I may have get thrown in the bin - things like 'I should clean my clothes, tidy up blah blah'. If I feel like doing any of those things in the morning then fine, but I have my own permission to just do what nourishes me, what feels good. It's amazing how much lighter I feel as I lay in my bed, a sense of excitement and freedom filling me up just like a child.I still vividly remember how I used to spend those beautiful summer holidays ,spending the whole day to myself, doing whatever i WANTED to do!

Generally,on such days,I skip breakfast and go for a HEAVY lunch ; especially chicken :) In the afternoon I may lie down and listen to some slow soothing tracks or check out the television for a moment. Or simply, lie down on my bed upside down and surf the huge resourceful internet and blog, as I am doing right now [:P] Various weird thoughts then creep into my mind.Things like what shall I do next in my life ? or rather What do I want to do next ? If I let myself go into it I usually emerge feeling wonderful. I can sense my body responding and feeling simply beautiful!.I then search the kitchen cupboards and fridge for some Tang/Rasna to make a cool afternoon drink.

That night I sleep deeply, feeling really good and special, and the next day I am ready to get back to work and into the world of other people and their demands. The fact that I have rested gives me extra energy and I usually enjoy my day.

No comments: